We know that for families with kids, a conference on a Saturday can be tricky to navigate. Someone has to stay home to watch them, babysitters are expensive, yada yada – and there are some places you just want to go to without your kid(s). So this year, we’re happy to offer on-site daycare at the Open Hardware Summit for kids 2 years old and up. Right now we can accommodate up to 10 kids at no cost to attendees (other than your ticket). We will expand coverage based on demand. Email the chairs at email@example.com to secure your spot and become a sponsor to help us make sure we can extend this offer to as many attendees as needed.
The call for submissions to the Open Hardware Summit has been extended July 9. Enjoy the fireworks and send us your ideas. We want to hear from you!
The OHS brings together an inquisitive and active community of open hardware hackers, manufacturers and theorists for a full day of talks, poster presentations, and after hours socializing. We welcome proposals on:
- Digital fabrication
- Wearables, e-textiles, and fashion tech
- Quantified-self hardware
- Means of supporting collaboration and community interaction
- On demand and low volume manufacturing
- Distributed development and its relationship to physical goods
- Software design tools (CAD / CAM)
- DIY technology
- Ways of sharing
- Business models
- Competition and collaboration
- Sustainability of open hardware products (e.g. how to unmake things)
- Industrial design
- Open hardware in the enterprise
- Specific product domains: e.g. science, agriculture, communications, medicine
- Legal and intellectual property implications of open-source hardware
- Open hardware in education
- Addressing the gender imbalance or other types of under-representation in the open hardware community
- Any other topic you think relates to openness and hardware. We want to hear all about it!
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.